Last updated: November 23, 2023
Candle Finance Inc. (“Candle,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) provides our services to you through our website(s) located at https://www.candle.fi (the “Site”) and through our mobile applications and related technologies (“Mobile Apps”) (collectively, the “Services”). Our Services allow users to create custom investment portfolios and related content.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information.
- Account information. This may include your username, contact information (including email, phone number, and address), and any accounts you connect to the Services (such as your Robinhood or brokerage account details).
- Investment activity and strategies. If you connect your Robinhood or brokerage account to the Services, we may access information from your account about your trading and investment activity and strategies. We also access information about the strategies you develop using the Services.
- Communications. This includes any emails or other communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing information. This includes your preferences for receiving communications about our Services and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- Payment information. When you register for the Mobile Apps, we may require payment through the app store from which you download the Mobile Apps. Payments are processed by the app store provider(s) in accordance with their privacy policies and terms of service. We do not have access to payment card numbers.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system, manufacturer and model, browser type, IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and
- Usage data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page, browsing history, and access times.
We may collect this information using cookies and other similar technologies. Cookies are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device or in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns. For more information on how you can control cookies, please see the Your Privacy Choices section below.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
To provide the Services. This includes administering your account on the Services; providing you with access to the Services, including to permit you to develop investment strategies; and communicating with you and responding to any inquiries you may have.
Analytics, development, and improving our Services. We may use personal information to analyze and improve the Services, identify trends, and operate and expand our business activities. We may also create aggregated, anonymized, or other de-identified statistics, which we may use for lawful business purposes, including for analytics, forecasting, and strategic planning.
Marketing and advertising, including for:
- Direct marketing. We may send direct marketing communications, including, but not limited to, sending newsletters or publications, and notifying you of promotions, offers and events via postal mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means.
- Interest-based advertising. We engage our advertising partners, including third party advertising companies and social media companies, to advertise our Services, including for retargeting purposes. For more information, or to understand your choices, please visit the Your Privacy Choices section below.
For compliance and protection, including to enforce any applicable terms and conditions, comply with legal obligations, defend against legal claims or disputes, protect the security and integrity of our Services, and identify and investigate fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share personal information with:
Financial service providers that you connect to the Services. If you connect the Services to financial service providers, such as Robinhood or another brokerage account, you may allow such providers to access and use personal information collected in connection with the Services. For example, you may use Robinhood to execute the investment strategies you developed in connection with your use of the Services.
Service providers. We share personal information with companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services or our business. These service providers include hosting services, communications, fraud detection, investigation and prevention services, web and mobile analytics, email and communication distribution and monitoring services, and customer relations management systems.
Advertising partners. We may share personal information that we collect on our Site with third party advertising companies (including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above). The information we share with advertising partners does not include investment activity and strategies, as described above.
Professional advisors. We share personal information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. We may share personal information with law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate.
Business transferees. We may share personal information with acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Candle (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Your Privacy Choices
Unsubscribe from direct marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
Access your account. You may access your personal information through your account on the Services. In some instances, you may also request to correct personal information that is out of date or inaccurate, or to delete personal information that is no longer needed for a permitted purpose by contacting us as provided in the Contact Us section below.
Opt-out of interest-based advertising. You may limit online tracking by:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject third-party cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is reasonably needed in order to maintain and expand our relationship and provide you with our Services; in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations; or to protect ourselves from any potential disputes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of such data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of such personal information, the purposes for which we process it, and the applicable legal requirements.
Our Services are not intended for use by children. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our Services from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will endeavor to delete it.
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the following mailing address:
📫 1309 Coffeen Ave. Suite 1200 Sheridan WY, 82801